We are recruiting.
Job Title: Social Media Assistant
Hours: Flexible. Will include evenings and weekends.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Experience: 1-3 years related work experience
Job Description: IFLScience Ltd. is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Social Media Assistant who wants to be responsible for one of the largest pages on Facebook and who will be pivotal for the ongoing growth of the company. The primary function of this role is to manage the daily articles posted to Facebook and create educational and fascinating posts for our various channels.
Secondary responsibilities include the implementation of new untapped social media channels such as Twitter, SnapChat, Instagram etc. to support the growth of our website.
The ideal candidate will have an extreme and compulsive desire to learn and adapt to the Social Media channels, have superb copywriting skills, with strong written and verbal communication skills, immaculate attention to detail and possess strong organisational habits. This candidate will be reporting directly to CEO and Founder of IFLScience and will work together to maximize the potential of social media channels.
This role would strongly suit someone with a strong social media presence of their own - do you run a science-based social media channel? We'd love to hear from you!
You need to be excited about science, and have an excellent eye for viral content. We need someone switched on, who follows hundreds of science accounts and who's able to immediately recognise what works and what doesn't.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
- Choose articles created from the editorial team and post on social media channels
- Schedule posts for the US market and weekends / holidays
- Analysis performance of posts and adjust / amend as required
- Monitor the algorithm changes within Facebook and adapt accordingly
- Engage with our users
- Increase the reach of posts
- Manage the day-to-day operations of all social media platforms
- Develop new strategies and implement new channels
- Identify new opportunities of growth within Social Media
- Work closely with the editorial and digital video team
- Utilise all features available from social platforms, i.e. Facebook Live etc.
- Involvement with new Facebook Alpha and Beta releases of functionality
- Increase traffic through social channels to our website
- Manage a social media calendar
- Work closely with the merchandise department to post products
- Work with the sales department for direct sales post requirements
- Target specific demographics and geo location posts
- Report on performance
There are no specific requirements for this position other than experience in social media management - even your own private accounts count if they show a history of strong engagement! But the ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of 1, ideally 3 years’ experience in social media management
- A strong interest and understanding of science communication
- A degree in either science, or journalism.
- Experience in utilising social media to promote a blog or publisher website
- Knowledge of performance measurement, reporting and analytics
- Excellent communication skills and intuition to make quick informed decisions
- Experience of writing, editing and communication
- Photo or video editing skills.
- A strong eye for viral content.
About IFLScience: We created IFLScience with a simple promise to our audience – make science exciting and present it in a creative, entertaining, engaging style that leaves readers with a sense of wonder and a desire to learn even more. I Fucking Love Science Facebook page is an internet phenomenon with over 25 Million followers.
Our team is kind-hearted, funny, and nerdy, and we all Fucking Love Science! We are headquartered in London where this role is located.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the expected interest in this position only the elite candidates will be considered, your application needs to;
- 1. Meet all the minimum experience
- 2. Demonstrate within your application how you meet the minimum requirements
- 3. Stand out!
Closing date for applications: November 21st.
We will only contact the candidates who have been shortlisted by November 28th, if you have not been contacted, you have not been successful. We apologise that we cannot contact all applicants.